Thursday, March 20, 2008

Freak waves





There is apparently some sort of storm system to the north of us that has pushed some pretty large waves towards SXM. They were moving sand off the road with a bulldozer over by Sunset and classmate Angela said that they were also building a sand baracade by the airport runway (God forbid it wash away when I am so close to being out of here). Someone even said that part of Marigot on the French side was evacuated as a precaution. I didn't make it over to the French side today, but I did walk over to Mullet Bay before class this morning. I heard that the waves were even bigger earlier on, but I didn't get out there until about 11 a.m. Be sure to click on these, I put arrows just so you can get a sense of size.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent photos, and I am glad you added notes for perspective, the height of the waves in the first one is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Good shots!

Arnaud said...

waw excellent !
Look here (another waves pictures and video) : sxmbeach.com>>big waves )

Mrs A said...

These pictures are great! I love how there's always at least one tourist who is hell bent on swimming in the ocean no matter how bad the waves are.