Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Surgery

I liked Surgery a lot more than I was expecting to. And if it were not for the whole 80+ hour weeks for the next 5 years (7 or 8 if you specialize - that is 7-8 after you graduate med school) I would definitely consider it as a career. But I like other things outside of the hospital a little too much, I think something that gives me a little more latitude for hobbies and some semblance of a personal life might work out better for me in the long term. But surg has definitely made my short list of top choices.
4 pagers, no human should ever be this "accessible"


In the resident resource room (break room), one of the surgeons had brought a laproscopic surgery trainer, it actually plugged in to the television and you could do small exercises and training using actual laproscopic instruments and a screen. Suck it Wii Fit.Trauma team awaiting the results of a CT at 12:30 in the morning

1 comment:

Mrs A said...

Hey I'd recognize that kid playing with the surgery trainer anywhere. Figures he can find something to do at work as close to gaming as possible. LOL! I didn't know you bike- Peter and I have some pretty serious roadbikes; we should all go ride one day- I have a great NYC bike route map.