Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Autumn

I've always liked the word autumn for some reason, I like the season too, of course. Growing up in oppressive heat and humidity will train you like one of Pavlov's dogs to anticipate October like it was your birthday. But this year is a little different, I finally get to see the colors change in New England like I've always heard about. Not a slash or loblolly pine in sight. Other than that, things have been pleasant and routine - up at 6:30, in bed by 10:00. I've been riding my bike quite a bit lately but those days are likely numbered as now when I go out I can't feel my face for a good hour. Here are some pictures of trees:












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Them's mighty purty! (and 'amen' on the looking forward to October-cooling thing amongst us southerners)

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures...wish I was there!