Friday, August 31, 2007

Break's Over...

My 5 day hiatus back to the states has come and gone. Highlights were: (in no particular order)

-Miyako's; ordering wine for the table like it was tap water and then having a heart attack when the bill came. (Thanks especially to Dede and Amber for making reservations and calling everyone.)

Our waitress wanted to kill us I think. Leigh Ann's eyes look weird in this picture, I was told to call special attention to this fact.



-The Moose.

-Drinking a bottle of wine and 12 pack of beers with my brothers and a couple old Crowley friends at their apartment in Lafayette. Also, later in the night, getting in a slurred 2 a.m. discussion about sleep disorders with Tommy. .

-Sleeping 15 hours a day, rather than 4 or 5.

-Dinner with about 30 of my closest family members at the El Dorado's

-spending $400 at Wal-Mart...actually....just the comfort of knowing that if I needed anything, I could go to Wal-Mart.

So for everyone that came by, thanks for all of the encouragement, free drinks, and good times. I would also like to extend special thanks to Wal-mart. Seeya at Christmas.

Here are a couple of pics from my flight back to SXM. The top one is of St. Thomas or Prickly Pear Island (one of the British Virgin Islands), and the second is of a sailboat about to get shat on by a big rainstorm just off the coast of St. Maarten (that tiny white dot is probably a 30 or 40 foot boat). I got spirit-crushing look of disapproval from the flight attendant for this one, being so close to landing.

St. Thomas (I think) about 150 miles west of St. Maarten.


That white speck is a sailboat about to get drenched by an approaching storm.

For anyone back home that's interested in a quick video of what school looks like and what my new living arrangements are, click here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

miss you already nick!!! Can't wait to see you again!

Anonymous said...

the boat pic looks like something out of "The 10 Commandments"

Nick said...

Biblical, or maybe one of those "stranded on a raft/battle for survival" made for TV shows on the USA network, I think if you zoom in you can see actors with blistered lips clinging to the raft hallucinating about sharks.