Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Reduvids, the Bam Margeras of the insect world...















In med micro this morning we learned of a disease who's vector is an insect known as a reduvid. In some developing countries these insects live in the walls and come out just before dawn. They crawl up the side of your face, they admire the docile, peacful look on your face while you lay there. They smile as they imagine you dreaming of winged ponies and fairytales, floating on clouds and getting a toy train for Christmas. Such a serine setting... Then they bite the crap out of your eye. As you wince and begin dreaming of falling face first onto a no. 2 pencil they go ahead and take a big dump right there in the corner of your eye just to be an asshole, If I'm correct they turn around and smear some in the open wound they just created so that the disease causing protozoans in it can have better access. I have said it before and I'll say it again, these bugs cannot be trusted. The last time I let a reduvid house-sit I came home to find my car on blocks and the inside filled to the roof with Quisp cereal, I don't even know what Quisp is; and on top of that they turned my livingroom into a skate park.

No comments: