Sunday, September 14, 2008

Done.

I'm all moved in and settled, I think... I still need a desk and chair, but I'll keep looking on craigslist. With the exception of the mattress, which cost a small fortune, I furnished the whole apartment for less than 600 bucks. That includes - sheets, an Ikea sofa that opens into a full sized bed, a TV stand with lighted cabinets (my own DIY job), an air conditioner, glasses, silverware, trashcans, shelves, a mirror with hooks, picture frames, extension cords, plastic drawers for the bathroom cabinet, basically everything. The AC is a 6,000 BTU I picked up today at a garage sale for $15 - I have to polish my nails on my shoulder for that one.

I can't take all the credit though, I "commissioned" Leigh to pick out everything before I even moved here since I was on a budget, she went above and beyond and even drew out floor plans, so my creativity had very little to do with anything. I'm hoping she gets her own show on TLC so I can pay off these school loans without moonlighting 20 hours a week as a resident...

Before:



After:




No comments: