Saturday, September 6, 2008

Leaving Louisiana

Well, the power finally came back on on Thursday, after 48 hours of having to see the neighbors across enjoying lighting and central A/C... But the newfound luxury was short lived as I packed up for the drive to Long Island. It was tough to leave this time, I did a lot these past few months - studied for, took, and passed my boards, went to Colorado, learned to fly fish (poorly), hiked, went to Galveston, went through a hurricane, bought a car, got caught in a storm in a paddle boat, saw my brother start veterinary school. So for all of those good things to suddenly come to an end, it was a little tough, but it ended on a good note at least, and the next chapter seems to have a lot of promise, too.

I drove for 12 hours today, it wasn't as bad as I thought. as long as the sun was up it was doable, but as soon as it went down, my eyelids gained a few pounds, so I stopped in Knoxville, which is almost the exact middle of my 1,470 mile trip.

(bottom right) ...Long trip ahead




No, dude, seriously... quit...



I wonder if this town had a court order to inform other towns nearby when it moved in.



A really bad pic of two deer playing on the side of the highway (trust me they're there). I was just excited to tell Leigh Ann and actually use the word "prancing," in a sentence for the first time in my life...



1 comment:

Theatre Geek said...

The furthest I've ever driven from Lake Charles is to Athens, GA. I stopped one night at a hotel.